Giles County Rural Equity
in Access to Community Health
What is G-REACH?
Funded by a three-year Rural Health Outreach Grant awarded to the Giles Community Health Center by the Health Resources and Services Administration Office of Rural Health Policy (HRSA-ORHP), G-REACH is a non-emergency health transportation program providing affordable transportation to low-income residents of Giles County. G-REACH is a product of the early strategic planning of G-NET, which identified medical transportation as the number one barrier to health care access in Giles County. G-REACH is operated by the Giles Community Health Center and the Giles Health & Family Center.
Call (540) 921-3024
to arrange low cost, non-emergency transportation to your next health care or related appointment!
G-REACH provides rides to any non-emergency medical appointment that is located within Giles County. G-REACH does not transport passengers outside of Giles County.
Examples of eligible appointments include: doctor's appointments, dental appointments, counseling appointments, dialysis appointments, health center eligibility, vision appointments, prescription pick up, physical therapy appointments, and more!
G-REACH does not transport to or from any emergency department or inpatient service.
Rides must be at least one-quarter mile from the destination one way. Shorter rides are allowable for the mobility impaired and must be approved on a case-by-case basis.
• Rides must be reserved at least 24 hours in advance.
• Reservations placed less than 24 hours' notice will be accommodated on a case-by-case basis.
• Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
• Door-to-Door service is available upon request
To be eligible to use G-REACH, individuals must be:
• Residents of Giles County
• Not eligible for Medicaid-covered medical transportation
• Not eligible for Agency on Aging senior transportation (some exceptions may be approved if the
Agency on Aging transportation is unavailable on the day of the appointment.
Contact the Agency on Aging at 540-980-7720)
• Not discharged from another transportation service for misuse
• Low income (Family income at or below 200% of the federal poverty level; the same criteria as the Giles Community Health Center. See chart below.)
G-REACH 2015 Income Guidelines
200% of the Federal Poverty Level
|Family Size||Annual Income|
Hours of Operation:
6:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (some exceptions may be approved for after hours)
A ride with G-REACH is $5.00. This includes pick-up, drop-off, and return back home.
Giles Health & Family Center
701 Wenonah Ave.
Pearisburg, VA 24134